[Search]

Friday, April 26, 2013

Mass tweet method might work-- or Twitter might consider it illegal-- I'm not sure.

by Rick Potvin
keywords for google search: cryonics, twitter, mass mailing, mass email.

I'm not sure if it's considered legal by Twitter to do a mass email with about 7 or 8 names at a time in the reply section of the original twitter. I guess I'll find out soon enough if they stop me or destroy my account. Until I find out more, I'll leave it here at a one time experiment.

This option was explored when I found a cryonics tweeter posting multiple tweets of the same topic to various "@"'s, the twitter equivalent of an email address. I found the mess on the hashtag list to be annoying so asked him to consider posting multiple tweets in a different way. My method actually works better.

His only objection was that an individual tweet would make the recipient feel special. However, I would point out that each recipient will find out that they are not special once they hashtag the topic. Better to mass mail under a reply button.


Discussion
MASS TWEETING

No comments:

Post a Comment